Want to reduce your company’s handling costs? Consider these top 5 advantages of intermodal logistics.
- Flexibility. Shippers have the ability to combine more than one carrier to capture time and cost savings, depending on the shipper priority.
- Eco-Friendly. Utilizing rail to move cargo requires less fuel overall and more containers can be moved at once.
- Added Security. Heightened security at terminals, docks and rail yards ensures safe transport of cargo from start to finish.
- Less Damage. With fewer opportunities for cargo to be handled, shippers experience fewer damages and ultimately, fewer claims.
- Lower Cost. In addition to fuel cost savings, shippers may negotiate each leg of transport separately for maximum cost savings and lower trucking company quotes.
To see how easy it is to tie-in first and last mile drayage cost information including all known port/ramp/equipment related costs…schedule your free demo with DrayMaster today!